Case Number 104041 - Management of the Newborn Experience
Contact: Geoffrey Pinski
Description: The University of Cincinnati, lead by Ms. Barbara Gilman RN, MSN, Ms. Shirley J. Adams, RN, MSN, Ms. Elizabeth E. Weiner RN, PhD, and Jeffery Q. Adams, MSCE, has developed a two hour interactive comprehensive program for educating nurses about the newborn experience.
The program is divided into four different modules, with a number of different sections:
- Immediate Care of the Newborn
- Check for Anomalies
- General Assessment: Appearance, Vital Signs & Measurements
- Determine Heart Rate
- Cord Care
- Complete Assessment: Skin, Head, Chest & Abdomen
- Identification of Fontanels
- Abdominal Palpation
- Complete Assessment: Genitalia, Extemities, Reflexes and Gestational Age
- A circumcision
- Ballard chart
The standard price includes a 10-student license, and more licenses can be obtained at a reduced amount.